Saturday, November 26, 2011

Screen Capture with JING

As an art teacher, I am constantly giving demonstrations.  However, if a student is absent on the day of a demo I find that I either am repeating myself and the whole demo over again for one student, or that student ends up missing out on a valuable learning experience that is usually essential to the project.  For demonstrations that are given on the computer I have a new best friend called JING. 
 
The website www.jingproject.com/ provides a tool called JING that you can use for free to create multimedia presentations, complete with audio. Versions are available for both Mac and PC. To make my class more self-paced and to help students who have been absent, I am creating tutorial videos to post on my class learning management system for their access.  This will also help students be more self-sufficient if they forget how to use a tool they can reference back to my video for help instead of wasting class time waiting for me to be able to get to them one-on-one. 
 
The one downside to using JING is that the videos are limited to 5 minutes in length.  I am currently exploring other free screen capture sites and will post my findings soon.  In the meantime please feel free to visit the link below to see a tutorial I made for my photo students on how to get rid of pimples and wrinkles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment